‘Living A Good Life: Personal support networks’ is a series of powerful stories of people with a developmental disability and their networked supporters exercising control and choice about their lives.
The stories show people with a disability, families and personal network members using individualised packages of support, including self- directed funding.
THE STORIES SHOW US:
- How people got started with this network idea
- Who they invited and how
- How they keep things going
- How network members value and respect the person
- The creative ideas people have about providing support
- The commitment and effort involved
- How the networks help people have a home of their own, meaningful work, have fun, stay healthy It is important work, with successes and challenges along the way, and these networks make a big difference in the lives of people living with disability.
AUDIENCES HAVE SAID:
“Shows what people with disabilities can do- very inspiring” “ So interesting – could watch lots of these! Would be great to link in with other families on how they solve various issues” “Helping people with disabilities achieve their dreams”